In this recipe
This rice noodle makes the perfect alternative to wheat linguine to make a delicious gluten-free dish.
Pasta with Walnuts and Asparagus
Fresh tasting and easy, the perfect spring supper.
20 minutes to assemble
15 minutes to cook
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Linguine1 lemon (1 teaspoon grated rind* plus 1/4 cup juice) 1 & 1/4 lbs fresh asparagus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley (flat leaf variety) 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Salt and fresh ground pepper
* Yellow part of rind only, white (pith) is bitter
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- In a small bowl combine lemon rind and juice. Set aside.
- Cut asparagus into 1” diagonal slices. Reserve tips and set aside. Boil stems 3 to 6 minutes or until just tender-crisp, adding tips two minutes after stems. Using a slotted spoon, remove asparagus to a bowl and set aside. Reserve water for cooking pasta.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Sauté walnuts and garlic until fragrant, being careful not to brown. Remove from heat.
- Boil Notta Pasta in asparagus water according to box directions. Drain, briefly rinse and add to skillet. Toss to coat with oil and walnuts.
- Mix in lemon juice, parsley, Parmesan and asparagus. Gently heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.