In this recipe
This rice noodle makes the perfect alternative to wheat linguine to make a delicious gluten-free dish.
Tomato, Basil and Caper Sauce
Fresh garden tomatoes and basil make this a perfect dish for summer.
Serves 4 to 6
Total Time: 40 minutes
1-16 oz box Notta Pasta Linguine
3 pounds fresh plum tomatoes 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 medium onion, chopped 6 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1-2 tablespoons capers 1 teaspoon sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper1/4 cup fresh minced basil
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil while you prepare tomatoes.
- Core tomatoes and cut a small x on the opposite end. Set a large pot of ice water next to the range top.
- When the water is at a full boil, add the tomatoes. Time one minute and scoop out the tomatoes with a slotted spoon, dropping them into the ice water for 2 minutes.
- Slip skins off by rubbing between hands or with a small paring knife. Dice into 1/4" pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add garlic and red pepper. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes more, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add tomatoes, capers, sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer hard for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add basil to the sauce and simmer for 3 minutes more.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the Notta Pasta according to directions for pasta. Noodles are done when they are firm but tender. Rinse quickly with water, drain and toss with a splash of olive oil.
- Serve the hot sauce over the rice noodles for the fresh taste of summer.