In this recipe
Use this rice noodle as an alternative to regular spaghetti in all of your favorite recipes.
Old Fashioned Herbed Chicken Soup
1 and 1/2 hours
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Spaghetti 1 teaspoon olive oil 2-16 oz cans chicken broth 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs 4 cups water 1 bunch leeks, separated and well washed 5 stalks celery, divided 5 carrots, divided 2 bay leaves 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon dried tarragon 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary Garnish - chopped parsley
- Boil the Notta Pasta according to directions on box. Quickly run under cold water. Toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- In large stock pot, combine chicken broth, chicken thighs, 4 cups of water, tops of the leeks (setting aside white part), 2 stalks of chopped celery , 2 chopped carrots, bay leaves, salt and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, slice the remaining leeks into thin coins. Triple wash until they are free of sand. Chop remaining celery and carrots.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté leeks, celery and carrots until almost soft.
- Add thyme, tarragon and rosemary. Sauté 2 - 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- When hour is up, remove chicken from the stock.
- Strain stock in a colander directly into the soup pot of sautéed vegetables. Discard solids
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces. Add to the soup pot. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings and add parsley.
- Add appropriate amount of Notta Pasta to individual soup bowls. Ladle chicken/vegetables/broth over top. Serve immediately.
Try sprinkling with grated parmesan.