In this recipe
This is our widest rice noodle, a great wheat fettuccine alternative that enhances your favorite gluten-free pasta dishes.
Pennsylvania Dutch Style Broccoli
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Fettuccine 1 lb broccoli florets 6 slices turkey bacon 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 large red onion, chopped 2 large red bell peppers, diced 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth 2 tablespoons dijon mustard 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1 tablespoon cider vinegar 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Steam or microwave the broccoli until it is tender/crisp. Immerse in cold w ater to stop cooking action. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon and sauté until the bacon is crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Slice into thin pieces. Set aside.
- In the bacon drippings in the skillet, sauté the onions and peppers until tender crisp.
- Add broth, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together well. Bring broth mixture to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain. Add to skillet and mix well.
- Serve immediately.