In this recipe
This rice noodle makes the perfect alternative to wheat linguine to make a delicious gluten-free dish.
Curried Cauliflower and Chickpeas
A delicious vegetarian dish.
About 40 minutes.
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Linguine 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets 1 tablespoon oil 1 large onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, finely minced 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger 1 tablespoon madras curry powder 1 tablespoon Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce, or hot sauce to taste 1-15 oz can crushed tomatoes 1 teaspoon salt 1-15 oz can chickpeas 1-10 oz package frozen peas Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Blanch cauliflower in boiling, salted water for 3 minutes. Remove cauliflower with a slotted spoon, saving water for pasta. Rinse in cold water. Set aside to drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger over medium heat until almost soft.
- Add curry powder, Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce, tomatoes and salt. Sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile boil Notta Pasta in cauliflower water according to directions on box. Drain.
- Add drained pasta, cauliflower, chickpeas and peas to skillet. Mix well until ingredients are heated through and well incorporated.
- Pour into serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro.