In this recipe
This is our widest rice noodle, a great wheat fettuccine alternative that enhances your favorite gluten-free pasta dishes.
Pineapple Noodle Kugel
One 9” x 13” pan
Time to assemble: 20 minutes
Time to bake: 60 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
1-16 oz box Notta Pasta Fettuccine 1 stick (8 tablespoons) melted butter, divided 1 pint sour cream 1 lb small curd cottage cheese 1 cup sugar 6 eggs 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in its own juice 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F, with rack in middle. Grease baking dish with one tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to directions on box, watching times carefully. Pasta should be tender (not mushy) but slightly firm, al dente. Drain and quickly rinse in cold water. Drain again, return to pot and toss with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, beat the sour cream, cottage cheese, sugar, eggs, salt and remaining butter until smooth. Mix in the undrained pineapple and vanilla.
- Add pasta to bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle top with the cinnamon sugar. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until set (firm to the touch) and cooked through. Let kugel rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.