In this recipe
This rice noodle makes the perfect alternative to wheat linguine to make a delicious gluten-free dish.
Chicken and Pasta Pomodoro
This light tomato sauce is flavored with fresh garden tomatoes, garlic and wine for a true Italian taste. It may just become your favorite pasta sauce.
25 minutes to assemble
20 minutes to cook
Total time: 45 minutes
1/2-16 oz box (8oz) Notta Pasta Linguine
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup cornstarch for dusting
1/3 cup olive oil, divided
1/2 cup shallots (2 large), minced
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup favorite white wine*
3 cups fresh chopped plum tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh basil, firmly packed
Optional: Parmesan cheese
*We used an unoaked Sauvignon Blanc
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Slice chicken across grain into thin strips, separate and place on large baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and dust with cornstarch until coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large skillet over a medium-high heat. Sauté 1/2 batch chicken until golden and remove to plate. Sauté remaining chicken, adding remaining oil as needed. Remove to plate. Cover.
- Using oil in skillet, sauté shallots and garlic until golden brown.
- Add wine and stir. Boil until reduced by one half. Add tomatoes and simmer until soft about 2-3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Add chicken with any accumulated juices and basil. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, boil Notta Pasta according to box directions. Drain and add to skillet. Toss to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.