In this recipe
This is our widest rice noodle, a great wheat fettuccine alternative that enhances your favorite gluten-free pasta dishes.
Grilled Vegetables with Pasta
30 minutes to marinate vegetables
8-12 minutes to grill vegetables per batch
Total working time: depends on grill size
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Fettuccine
2 cups favorite Italian dressing (bottled or homemade), divided
4 tablespoons sliced basil leaves, divided
2 small* summer squash (1 1/4 pounds)
2 small zucchini (1 1/4 pounds)
2 baby eggplant (1 pound)
2 large red peppers (1 pound)
2 large portobello mushroom caps (8 ounces)
Red wine vinegar
*Small squash and baby eggplants have less seeds and are more compact to grill.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Add 1&1/2 cups of the dressing to large roasting pan or bowl.
- Slice summer squash, zucchini and eggplant into 1/4-1/2 inch lengthwise slices. Add to pan or bowl.
- Cut peppers in half, core and press flat. Add peppers and whole portobello caps to pan or bowl. Turning occasionally, marinate vegetables for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, salt boiling water and cook pasta according to box instructions, stirring well. Drain. Toss pasta with remaining 1/2 cup dressing and 2 tablespoons of the basil leaves. Set aside to absorb flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium high and oil grates. Grill vegetables (covered) 4-6 minutes each side, or until they have nice grill lines. Brush with marinade before turning over. Depending on size of grill, you may have to cook vegetables in 2-3 batches.
- Slice grilled vegetables in 1/4-1/2 inch wide diagonal slices. Add to pasta with remaining basil leaves and a splash of red wine vinegar to taste. Toss well and serve warm or at room temperature.