In this recipe
This rice noodle makes the perfect alternative to wheat linguine to make a delicious gluten-free dish.
Notta Pasta and Asparagus with Boursin
Locally grown asparagus with peas and parsley nicely pair with rice pasta and creamy Boursin sauce. It's a spring-inspired dish that makes an elegant side for any entrée . . . all year long.
6-1 cup servings.
15 minutes to assemble
10 minutes to cook
Total time: 25 minutes
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Linguine
1-5.2 oz package Boursin cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 large lemon)
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 lb fresh asparagus
1-10 oz box frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- Put a large pot of generously salted water on to boil.
- Cut Boursin into pieces and add to blender along with milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and garlic powder. Blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim asparagus bottoms and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces. Cook in boiling water until just tender (2-5 minutes) depending on thickness of stalks. With a slotted spoon or Chinese sieve, remove pieces and cool in cold water. Drain.
- Boil pasta in asparagus water according to box directions, until al dente. Add peas and asparagus. Cook 30 seconds and drain. Pour into bowl.
- Immediately, add Boursin sauce and parsley. Toss until well combined and serve.