In this recipe
This rice noodle makes the perfect alternative to wheat linguine to make a delicious gluten-free dish.
Pasta with Broccoli and Garlic Cream Sauce
This rich tasting pasta dish is perfect served alone or as a side dish. Fresh tomatoes combined with broccoli and garlic cream sauce gives this recipe a full and intense flavor.
30 minutes total time
1/2-16 oz Box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Linguine 2 ripe medium tomatoes, about 12 oz 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons garlic, minced 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1/2 cup heavy cream Salt and pepper 4 cups broccoli flowerets, separated into 1 inch pieces (about 1 lb broccoli crowns) 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a large pot of salted* water on to boil.
- Cut tomatoes in half and seed into a fine sieve over a small bowl (pressing seeds firmly so not a drop of liquid is missed). Discard seeds and set tomato juice aside. Dice tomatoes and reserve.
- In a large skillet heat oil over a medium heat until hot. Add garlic and cook until golden brown; adding red pepper when garlic is almost golden.
- Pour cream and tomato liquid into cooked browned garlic. Stirring, bring to a boil until combined. Turn sauce down to a low simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stirring, add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to directions. One minute before pasta is done, add broccoli and stir. Watch time carefully. Drain when broccoli is tender crisp, and pasta is al dente.
- Add pasta and broccoli to sauce along with reserved tomatoes and Parmesan. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper. Serve.
Be generous with the salt, 2 tablespoons per 4 quarts of water. It will keep the broccoli green and the pasta flavorful.