In this recipe
This is our widest rice noodle, a great wheat fettuccine alternative that enhances your favorite gluten-free pasta dishes.
Sugar Snap Peas with Prosciutto and Mint
This is a classic combination tossed with rice pasta. Prosciutto replaces ham for a deeper flavor combination.
15-20 minutes to assemble
5 minutes to cook
20-25 minutes total time
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Fettuccine2 tablespoons butter 1/3 cup diced shallots (1 large shallot) 1 cup heavy cream 2 teaspoons lemon zest, no pith (white of rind) Fresh ground pepper to taste 6 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into strips 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint 12 oz sugar snap peas, trimmed 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Salt* Note: *Since Parmesan and prosciutto can be very salty by themselves, salt to taste carefully.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Melt butter in a skillet over a medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until soft and starting to brown.
- Add heavy cream, zest, and pepper. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Add prosciutto and mint. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, boil Notta Pasta according to box directions. Add sugar snap peas during last minute of cooking. Drain well and return to pot.
- Add Parmesan and salt to taste to cream mixture and combine. Pour over pasta and peas. Toss well and serve immediately.