In this recipe
This is our widest rice noodle, a great wheat fettuccine alternative that enhances your favorite gluten-free pasta dishes.
Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Bake
35 minutes to assemble
50-55 minutes to bake
Total time: 85-90 minutes
1-16 oz box Notta Pasta Fettuccine 3 tablespoons butter, divided 1 cup small diced onions 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese 7 large eggs (no bigger) 2 cups finely crumbled gorgonzola cheese 1&1/4 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 3 cups (1" pieces) thin asparagus tips and tenders stalks (one bunch) 2-12 oz jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into 8th's
- Preheat oven to 350° F. With one tablespoon of the butter grease a 9"X13" baking dish.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- In a medium skillet melt remaining butter over a medium high heat. Add onions and sugar. Stirring occasionally, cook about 12-14 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While onions are cooking, beat* ricotta and eggs in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add gorgonzola, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Beat well and set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water, stirring well. Bring pasta back to a full boil and cook only 4 minutes. Time carefully and stir occasionally. Adding asparagus during the last minute of cooking. Drain immediately and rinse in cold water until pasta is cool. Drain well.
- Add pasta, reserved onions and artichokes to cheese mixture. Carefully mix in ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into prepared dish. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set, firm to touch. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
*A food processor makes this mixture extra smooth.