In this recipe
Use this rice noodle as an alternative to regular spaghetti in all of your favorite recipes.
Pine Nut Parsley Pesto Pasta
A fresh tasting and aromatic pesto that compliments rice pasta. It can be a main course dinner or side dish. Its vibrant green color is perfect for holiday buffets.
4 to 6 servings
20 minutes to assemble
1-16 oz box Notta Pasta Spaghetti1 cup pine nuts, (about 5 oz) 2 cups firmly packed flat leaf parsley, washed and dried well* 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon minced garlic (4 cloves) 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind (1 large lemon) 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 teaspoon coarse salt 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper 1/3 cup oil Optional: 1 cup cherry tomatoes *A lettuce spinner is a good tool for this step.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Heat a large dry skillet on high. Add pine nuts and toast until slightly golden, shaking pan every few minutes. Remove to a dish to cool.
- Coarsely chop parsley leaves and stems and add to food processor. Add pine nuts (reserving a tablespoon for garnish), Parmesan, garlic, and lemon rind. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper. Process, while adding oil in a thin stream, mixing until smooth.
- Boil Notta Pasta according to directions on box. Remove 1/2 cup of pasta water for sauce and drain pasta, rinsing briefly.
- Toss pasta with pesto, (using reserved pasta water if a thinner pesto is desired) and serve. Garnish with remaining pine nuts and tomatoes.