In this recipe
Use this rice noodle as an alternative to regular spaghetti in all of your favorite recipes.
Scallops with Pasta and Shrimp Sauce
Gently poached scallops surround mounds of Notta Pasta tossed with a creamy shrimp sauce. This dish has the flavor and appearance of a fine restaurant recipe.
Time to assemble: 30 minutes
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta Pasta Spaghetti 1-10 oz bottle clam juice 3/4 cup heavy cream 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and fresh cracked pepper 1/2 lb large unshelled shrimp 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon flour 1/4 cup sliced chives and 1 tablespoon for garnish 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves and 1 tablespoon for garnish 20 large sea scallops 1-9 oz bag baby spinach leaves
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Pour clam juice and cream into skillet. Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp. Simmer just until shrimp turns opaque. Remove with slotted spoon, making sure sauce drains back into skillet. Peel shrimp and set aside.
- Boil sauce until reduced to 1 1/4 cups. Add sauce to blender with butter, flour and shrimp, reserving 8 shrimp for garnish. Blend until very smooth.
- Return sauce back to skillet. Add chives and basil. Stir to combine. Salt and pepper all sides of scallops. Add scallops to sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Poach scallops at a low simmer for two minutes on each side, or until just tender. Remove scallops to bowl with slotted spoon and cover. Set aside 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Boil Notta Pasta according to directions on box. Watch time carefully and drain pasta when just al dente.
- Add pasta and spinach to skillet. Toss with sauce until mixed and spinach is wilted.
- Divide pasta evenly between 4 plates, mounding in center. Top each mound with 2 shrimp and place 5 scallops evenly around pasta.
- Dot scallops with reserved sauce. Pour any accumulated sauce from scallops over pasta.